Postdoc position at Computational Stylistics Lab (Kraków, IJP PAN)

Dear all,

a 2-year postdoc position in computational text analysis is available at the Institute of Polish Language (Polish Academy of Sciences, Kraków). The research project - “Large-Scale Text Analysis and Methodological Foundations of Computational Stylistics” - is aimed at developing, evaluating and applying innovative methodology of comparing large texts collections. Several broadly defined directions of inquiry are available within this project, meaning that in practice there is a significant amount of research freedom for a candidate within the team activities. Anyone who is interested in text analysis & modeling, linguistics, stylometry, quantitative literary history are welcome to apply!

Please spread the word to early career researchers who might be interested!

Full call and details: Computational Stylistics Group | Postdoc Position

Important dates:

• Application deadline: 12.04.2021;
  • Review and interview process until: 5.05.2021;
  • Start of the position: June 2021; (subject to negotiations; we take into account the current pandemic situation and academic life-cycle)
4 Likes

This looks like an interesting opportunity. I suspect that, eventually, candidates would need to relocate to Kraków–is that right?

I think we are not ready yet for a full-time distant work, but this is something that is more and more likely to happen, given the situation today. I suspect this could be discussed with PI, and we indeed expect that at least part of the position’s span could be carried without relocation.
Thanks for your interest!