CHR2022 Conference

From December 12 to 14, 2022, the third edition of the CHR conference will take place as a hybrid event!

Dates

• September 2, 2022: Submission deadline
  • September 6, 2022, midnight CET: Submission deadline
  • October 18, 2022: Notification to authors
  • November 1, 2022: Final papers ready
  • December 12-14, 2022: Conference

From the call for papers

In the arts and humanities, the use of computational, statistical, and mathematical approaches has considerably increased in recent years. This research is characterized by the use of formal methods and the construction of explicit, computational models. This includes quantitative, statistical approaches, but also more generally computational methods for processing and analyzing data, as well as theoretical reflections on these approaches. Despite the undeniable growth of this research area, many scholars still struggle to find suitable research-oriented venues to present and publish computational work that does not lose sight of traditional modes of inquiry in the arts and humanities. This is the scholarly niche that the CHR conference aims to fill. More precisely, the conference aims at

1. Building a community of scholars working on humanities research questions relying on a wide range of computational and quantitative approaches to humanities data in all its forms. We consider this community to be complementary to the digital humanities landscape.

2. Promoting good practices through sharing “research stories”. Such good practices may include, for instance, the publication of code and data in order to support transparency and replication of studies; pre-registering research design to present theoretical justification, hypotheses, and proposed statistical analysis; or a redesign of the reviewing process for interdisciplinary studies that rely on computational approaches to answer questions relevant to the humanities.

More information on the CFP >> Computational Humanities Research 2022

Venue
The 2022 edition of the Computational Humanities Research conference will be hosted by the University of Antwerp, Belgium. The conference will be a hybrid event with an option to attend in person at the beautiful Monastery of the Grauwzusters in Antwerp, virtually, or a combination of the two. More details will follow soon.

Registration
You can register here.

Keynotes

Programme Chairs

• Kristoffer Nielbo (@knielbo), Aarhus University
  • Alie Lassche (@alie), Leiden University

Organizers

6 Likes

Wonderful! I was becoming a bit worried that I hadn’t seen any announcements yet. Happy to be a reviewer if needed.

3 Likes

Question regarding the LaTeX template, are we to use single or double column format? Also, the word count in Overleaf doesn’t work for me, supposedly it is quite picky when it encounters template-specific bits, did anyone else encounter that too?

Single column. I didn’t encounter any weird things. Overleaf does sometimes differ from counts provided by Texcount. That might be a good alternative.

1 Like

Registration is open!

Do you know already which day the conference dinner will be held?

Best,
Anders

The dinner will be held on Tuesday. We hope to publish a schedule shortly.

1 Like

The conference program, including the titles and abstracts of the 29 accepted papers, is online now: Computational Humanities Research 2022

2 Likes

Topics have been added for accepted papers and posters. Where possible I have transferred ownership to one of the authors. Authors can edit their topics and add content, for example, links to code.

Once the papers have been published (hopefully soon), I will add links to the papers to the topics, allowing participants to read the papers prior to the conference.

We also encourage users of Discourse to ask questions regarding the papers in the topics.

1 Like

The proceedings have been published on CEUR.

Links to the individual papers have been added to the topics for each paper.

1 Like